Baby is not the size of the bell pepper, just the length of it- 5 1/2 inches long.
Today was the day we had another sonogram!! I was extremely nervous about going. I couldn't think about it too much. Last night it hit me that we would see it, and would see if something was wrong if anything. That's pretty freakin scary in my opinion.
Well, we woke up and got ready- too slow though, we were late by a few minutes. My friend from school, Kristen, works there now and she was soooo excited about this. We did that little clap while jumping/running in place while doing a high pitch squeal thing when we saw each other- haha. Sitting in the waiting room seemed like forever. Then they called us back and I laid down and it began.
The ultrasound tech said she needed to look at my cervix and I just thought we'll be here forever... She asked if we wanted to find out the sex and I paused for a second then said yes. And then we saw a little baby- a real baby! Not a kidney bean, a baby! I can't decide who the baby looks like more... It measured in at 17wks 3days and 7 ounces. It should be one pound -16 ounces- by 22 weeks. That means this baby grew 7 ounces in 18 weeks and has 4 weeks to grow 9 ounces. Good luck little baby!I just love that little face/ profile. My heart basically smiles when I look at this picture.
This picture kinda freaks us out, but look how big that little belly is! It's so big and round and cute! The heartbeat was 141 so I wondered if that was high enough for a girl while she showed us its heart and said it looked good, as well as the kidneys. She moved the thing around and I saw what looked like boy parts, but looked kinda big... She said it was the umbilical cord, phew!
Then we saw it's little hand and feet! I can't wait to see them in person.
Then we saw the most important part- well almost- HER little parts or lack thereof :]

It was really funny- we were looking and she all of a sudden stuck her hand in between her legs and covered herself for a second and that made us realize we already have an stubborn little girl- just like me! We are definitely going to have our hands full. I can't wait! It's so wonderful being able to call the baby "her" now. No more it! Charlie is worried that he doesn't know what to do with girls, good thing I sure do. This little girl is gonna be our little princess- pink everything!
We went up and talked to my OB after just to make sure everything was good. My BP was 108/78- way high! As was my pulse- 114. I guess I was more anxious than I thought seeing as how my usual BP is 100/60 and my pulse is in the 80's. Idk why my pulse is usually rather high.
After the appointment we went to babies r us and shopped :] We got a few outfits and a baby book. We still can't decide which crib we want though. I wanna just buy everything already. Every pink thing in the store. Too bad we don't have that much money, or that much space in our house...
As for the last week, not much has changed. She comes out and makes me look all cute and pregnant some days and then other days she stays really hidden. I guess I can appreciate not looking pregnant at 4 1/2 months, but I want a cute belly. I know I'll appreciate being small later though so I try to not complain too much. I'm starting to feel hungry more often, but I don't eat much more still.
These three are the ones we bought today.
I did not buy the mommy one- my friend Missy got it for me last semester, before Charlie was home. She made me very happy with it. I bought the swim suit a few weeks ago- I just couldn't resist! I got it big so she can wear it next summer... I don't think I'll be taking my newborn swimming this summer.
I hope I keep up with blogging so every baby we have can one day read this and know how much we love them. Each one of them, before they even get here. This baby means the world to us. Love you little girl of ours.
Well, here's to hoping the saying "sugar and spice and everything nice" lasts up into her teen years! If she's anything like me, we don't stand a chance.






Awwwww I love her!!! <3
ReplyDeleteaw YAY!! girls are the best! so excited for you guys!
ReplyDelete