Cause we all know the exact types of tomatoes... Whatever. Can't believe I'm 19 weeks already!
My little girl weighs about 8 1/2 ounces, and measures 6 inches, head to rump. She is now growing hair! (Hopefully red!!) Vernix is starting to cover her skin to help keep her from pickling in the amniotic fluid. This is a crucial time for sensory development: Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. She can definitely hear us now, so we are trying even harder to read to her more even though we've already been doing it. I talk to her, sing to her, and play the piano for her too. I think she likes it :]
This week has been good for us. She is growing- I can feel it. I wore pj pants to school today so everyone could see how big she looks. My tummy doesn't look as big in jeans. I still can't say I've really felt her move though. I know when she does though... Like when she kicks my bladder, pulls on her cord, and when she wakes me up. Lately I am woken up every freakin hour. It sucks, but it's my fault. I always wake up on my back. She is just trying to keep herself alive. Can't exactly blame her for that. I am going to babies r us tomorrow to get one of those pregnancy body pillows to help. My favorite is seeing her move. How I see it but don't feel it, who knows. It's fun seeing my tummy move- weird, but fun. I feel something going on in there, I just don't know what exactly.
Charlie loves talking to her and rubbing my tummy. He says her name so cute. I still haven't called her it. I just say that's what her name is. Idk why I can't just call her Anastasia. I'm not good at committing to things, but I'm trying really hard to just call her her name.
Loving this little girl so much more every day!! I'm sooo ready to be her mommy.

No comments:
Post a Comment