Sunday, August 11, 2013

Baby #2

I think it's safe to say birth control is a must for us when we are trying to avoid making a baby...
 
So, Charlie and my anniversary is July 9th. He was out of town. No surprise there. We had "tried" to get pregnant a few weeks prior so I was really hoping it would happen. I was supposed to start Monday the 8th. Come Thursday, I had yet to start, so I took a test. I got this lovely result :]

I called Charlie and told him I had made him a late anniversary present. I sent him this picture and he called and asked if it was really mine. I, of course, replied in a smart way. I said, "no, Analynn peed on it!" I love him, but sometimes he asks some stupid questions....

I headed to my parents house Friday to hangout with them some while Charlie was gone. Also, so Analynn would have the dogs to chase to aid in her walking. It was so hard not telling my mom! We are very close and I haven't kept a secret from her since I was a teenager. Charlie was nice and gave me "permission" to tell my mom :] She was super excited, but like last time, my dad was unable to be supportive. He's such a brat sometimes. I wonder where I get it from. He was just worried that I would have my hands too full, as Analynn is quite the handful!! I swore them to secrecy until Analynn's birthday party on the 27th when we were going to tell everyone.

I went to the doctors on Thursday the 18th. They tested me and confirmed I am pregnant. They did a referral to the OB. I go there on the 31st of July.
 
*****************
 
Here I am on Monday the 22nd at 6 weeks. I didn't have a chance to loose all the weight I gained from Analynn. But, I am only 5 lbs over and when I was pregnant last time I lost weight before I gained any so we'll see how it goes this time! My tummy definitely looks poked out already to me. I can't suck it in anymore, and that didn't happen til I was like 5 months last time. Holy cow.

Being 6+ weeks pregnant I have massive back pain that I've had for a few weeks now. I am nauseous all day again. THANKFULLY it's not accompanied by throwing up!! My sciatic nerve has acted up a time or two, but it's not bad yet. I have heartburn and headaches as well. So, same as last time. The only thing that even kinda really sucks is the back pain... Such is life.
 
*****************
 
And I lied... The nausea has hit full force, and I am absolutely miserable. Luckily, I don't thrown up even though I think that would be better sometimes... I got some diet caffeine free coke like I did last time and it definitely helps. This time just seems worse than last time. I know it made me miserable last time, but now I have a toddler. That means I don't get the sleep I should and I can't nap easily. I also am required to put a smile on my face and play with her. That task is the hardest. I just want to lay down and wallow in my nausea, but my baby needs me. I am so lucky to have such a sweet little girl though, so it's pretty easy smiling when I look at her.
 
*****************
 
So we told the family at Analynn's party! They were all so excited!!

I am 7 weeks on Analynn's 1st birthday. It breaks my heart knowing my little girl is growing up. Yes, I have another baby on the way, but Analynn will always be my first and she is so special to me.

We went to the OB on 7/31/13 and we saw our little bean.

The HR was 122- low like a boy ;] The baby measured small at 6 weeks 4 days when I was supposedly 7 weeks 2 days. So, my new due date is March 22.
 
*********************
 
It's August 5th and I am supposed to be 8 weeks today, but with my new due date I'm 7 weeks 3 days. I am still nauseous fairly often, but it seems to be getting a tad bit better. I'm tired all the time, but managing. I take naps almost daily with Analynn. I'm not sure what I'm going to do once I have a big belly... Analynn and I love to cuddle... :\
We did family pictures last night, and will be using some to announce this pregnancy this coming weekend. I am so excited!
 
*********************
 
I was 8 weeks yesterday and the nausea is basically gone. As long as I keep food in my tummy I'm good. I am nearly certain this baby is a boy, but I obviously have no clue. We told everyone at church today, and they were so excited!
 
 
We are so blessed and so happy to tell everyone our news! (Mainly me... Charlie wishes I would wait a bit longer, but I see no reason to wait.) I think Analynn will make a great big sister. One thing's for sure- the baby will get lots of kisses!!

1 comment:

  1. Jack's heartbeat has been between 140 and 160.

    I didn't think they took heartbeats into account for sex anymore.

    ReplyDelete