Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lime- 12 weeks

What I want to know is, how can I NOT feel that thing moving around in there?  A LIME?  Really?  You'd think that if you had a lime rolling around in your abdomen, you'd be able to feel it.  But, no.
The most dramatic development this week is the baby's reflexes. The baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, it's toes will curl, it's eye muscles will clench, and it's mouth will make sucking movements. Apparently when I prod my tummy the baby moves all around, too bad I can't freakin feel it. The baby's intestines have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, and will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and it's kidneys will begin excreting urine into it's bladder. The baby weighs half an ounce and is two inches long!

Q: How are you feeling?
A: Well, I said I'm not sick anymore, but I have felt sick just a few more times since last week. Nothing major. All I want to eat is junk food which makes me feel gross inside, but it's all I want! I hate it. My chest and abdomen tend to get itchy, but lotion cures that instantly. Overall I feel pretty good, just exhausted ALL the time. I take a nap everyday now.

Q: Now that baby is the size of a lime, are you starting to show yet?
A: If you ask Charlie, yes. Only at night though, after I've been eating all day long. When I get up I feel like I look normal just pudgy. I've only worked out three times in the last three months so I feel pretty yucky, but not pregnant yet. My lower abdomen is getting firmer everyday.


Q: So how are your clothes working out for you?
A: My pants still fit like normal so as far as I'm concerned I can't possibly be that much bigger. However, stretchy pants are much more comfortable than jeans pushing on my tummy when I sit down. I'm excited to buy a belly band and have a belly :]

I can't believe I'm already 12 weeks along! Charlie and I have been reading to the baby which is loads of fun... for me at least. Charlie thinks it's a little weird, but understands how important it is. It's amazing how our love for this little baby grows so much every day. It's already such a huge part of our lives. My clinical group says it's "our" baby. I love that. They keep me from doing things I shouldn't, remind me to eat and drink, and ALWAYS give me their seat. They are so wonderful! 

Alexis just stopped by so I had her take pictures of me and she brought me a lime :]





That's right, MY baby :]

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashely! Congratulations on the baby! I love reading your blog- all the fruit analogies are great. I figured I'd feel like less of a creeper if I actually commented on one of your posts instead of just reading them :]
    I'm so excited for you! You'd better post a bajillion pictures once the little cutie pie gets here!
    I'm so happy for you- you sound so happy in all of your posts.
    Love ya!
    - Katheryn Cunha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also going to creep on this.
    I feel like I don't know you as well as I would like, and know Charlie more than I would like (just kidding), but the Williamses couldn't be more excited for you two!
    Also, your blog is adorable.
    -Emily Williams

    ReplyDelete