Well, Charlie did NOT have food poisoning. He had the stomach flu. A lot of my clinical group had it last week as well; but seeing as how I grew up having it and haven't had it in six years, I (along with my mom) figured I was immune by now. Unfortunately, we were terribly wrong.
Charlie and I went and saw The Vow Friday night after eating at Cracker Barrel. The movie wasn't as good as we thought it would be. I mean it was cute and all, but no where near as influential as say The Notebook by ANY means. So the last time I really had ate anything was about 8. We got home, and went to bed around elevenish. I woke up at twoish and threw up. I just figured it was cause I took my prenatals on an empty stomach so I went back to bed. Twenty minutes later I was up again. I felt fine so I was rather confused about what was going on. The stomach flu didn't even cross my mind until the whole getting up and then sleeping for 20 minutes thing went on for a few hours. It then started affecting other body systems :\
I mentioned the other week that we got a new mattress. Also, that you can't feel the other person move. Charlie had no idea until about six a.m. that I was up. I use our hall bathroom instead of our master bath. Our so called master bath is smaller than our hall bath and frankly I do not like sharing a bathroom with Charlie. He's a boy. I've never shared a bathroom with a boy. I don't like it. So by six I was miserable and he was just realizing that I was awake. I told him what was going on and to call my OB. She had him go get some Imodium and Phenergan. Life savers. I was up going to the bathroom just about every hour or so. But if I was asleep I could sleep for two to three hours. So that's all I did Saturday which really sucked cause I was looking forward to our Stake Adult Valentine's Dance :[ Sunday was a bit better. I was able to hold Powerade down and some crackers.
Now it's Monday, and I'm basically better, just really weak. I don't think this baby appreciated me being sick. I skipped clinicals today for the obvious reasons and we have tomorrow off which is a HUGE blessing. All I know is the stomach flu sucks period. It sucked about 20x worse being pregnant. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy. That, and our bathrooms need to be majorly disinfected.
Charlie and I went and saw The Vow Friday night after eating at Cracker Barrel. The movie wasn't as good as we thought it would be. I mean it was cute and all, but no where near as influential as say The Notebook by ANY means. So the last time I really had ate anything was about 8. We got home, and went to bed around elevenish. I woke up at twoish and threw up. I just figured it was cause I took my prenatals on an empty stomach so I went back to bed. Twenty minutes later I was up again. I felt fine so I was rather confused about what was going on. The stomach flu didn't even cross my mind until the whole getting up and then sleeping for 20 minutes thing went on for a few hours. It then started affecting other body systems :\
I mentioned the other week that we got a new mattress. Also, that you can't feel the other person move. Charlie had no idea until about six a.m. that I was up. I use our hall bathroom instead of our master bath. Our so called master bath is smaller than our hall bath and frankly I do not like sharing a bathroom with Charlie. He's a boy. I've never shared a bathroom with a boy. I don't like it. So by six I was miserable and he was just realizing that I was awake. I told him what was going on and to call my OB. She had him go get some Imodium and Phenergan. Life savers. I was up going to the bathroom just about every hour or so. But if I was asleep I could sleep for two to three hours. So that's all I did Saturday which really sucked cause I was looking forward to our Stake Adult Valentine's Dance :[ Sunday was a bit better. I was able to hold Powerade down and some crackers.
Now it's Monday, and I'm basically better, just really weak. I don't think this baby appreciated me being sick. I skipped clinicals today for the obvious reasons and we have tomorrow off which is a HUGE blessing. All I know is the stomach flu sucks period. It sucked about 20x worse being pregnant. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy. That, and our bathrooms need to be majorly disinfected.
No comments:
Post a Comment