Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Medium shrimp- 13 weeks

I wish there was something cuter than a medium sized shrimp to compare the baby to, but whatever.
The baby has fingerprints on it's tiny fingertips! It's veins and organs are clearly visible through the still-thin skin, and the body is starting to catch up with it's head -- which makes up just a third of it's body size now. If I'm having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. My baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce. Can't believe how fast this baby is growing!

This past week hasn't been exactly wonderful. I felt my first major pain of pregnancy- sciatic nerve pain. UGH. It thankfully doesn't radiate down my leg, it's just in my low back and left booty cheek. Still, it's ridiculously awful. It mainly happens when I have to walk a lot, like during clinicals. It's just this super sharp pain that almost makes my leg give out. I basically hate it more than anything and I know it's only gonna get worse :\ I find myself sucking my stomach in like I always have, but it's getting harder to suck it in. Like, I want it to stick out, I am just used to always sucking it in. My belly just needs to grow faster, and get firmer.

We had an apt today and it went well. We heard the heartbeat- it was 147, strong and loud. We went over my birth plan and that went well also. My OBGYN is really young and super nice. Charlie and I are so glad we like her so much and we are going to an AMAZING hospital. The nicest one in the Jackson area in a lot of peoples opinions. Hopefully it lives up to my expectations.
We'll have another apt in four weeks for our check-up, and then we'll go back two weeks later for an ultrasound so find out the sex of this little baby! I can't wait!!

1 comment: