Saturday, August 16, 2014

My birthday!

I'm 24!
I started the day by opening my two gifts from Suzanne. I love Rachael Ray stuff!!

Then we had to take both of the girls for check-ups. We had lots of fun playing in the waiting room :]




We had an overall good time at the Pediatricians office. We weighed Sophia first, laying down of course. So then Analynn had to lay down and barely fit. Analynn had to get her finger stuck to test for anemia. She cried more than when Soph got three shots in her legs. Both girls are growing and developing as they should and I couldn't be more grateful!!
Analynn:
25lbs 11oz (40%)
35inches (80%)
head- 47.5cm (50%)

Sophia:
15lbs 6oz (70%)
26inches (90%)
head- 41.5cm (70%)

After that we headed out for lunch to Sweet Peppers. We discovered that Soph likes pickles!



Notice how she's not too pleased with me for taking her pickle away. I was simply biting off the already chewed up part... It was warm and gross.

After lunch was Analynn's eye appointment. Her eyes are perfect! Sooo, she's just clumsy.
After that was home for naps. Soph enjoyed some daddy time :]

We ended the day at Margaritas, my favorite restaurant here. Analynn and I both got strawberry daiquiris. She was supposed to get the to-go cup, but made me trade.


Soph ate a lovely dinner of whipped cream, guacamole, and ice cream.

The best part of the night? Them singing to me, while smearing whipped cream all over me. Oh, and then dropping the whipped cream down my shirt, and Charlie making it so much more awkward than it needed to be.



He just kept taking pictures. Then he told the waiter he didn't mind one bit, while the poor guy kept apologizing and giving me more napkins. He wouldn't look me in the eye after that! Haha!

My little OCD child was freaking out that I was covered in stuff. I couldn't clean it off fast enough for her.

Overall, it was a lovely day! Except for my no good husband didn't even get me a card. He's so bad. BUT, he is getting me a beautiful farmhouse table. It's being made right now. I am so excited and can't wait to get it!!

While I now feel extremely old, I am so grateful for all that I have and all that I have accomplished in my life. I have the two most perfect kids in the whole world and I wouldn't trade them for anything. I would trade Sophia's sleeping habits though. This girl does not sleep!! I woke up the next day definitely looking older with lovely bags under my eyes. Though, my birthday night was our fault... we fed her a terrible dinner and she had tummy troubles, as well as a fever from her shots... Still, she doesn't sleep. Not during the day, and not at night. Two kids might be all that we grace this world with.

No comments:

Post a Comment