Thursday, January 1, 2015

Sophia's 9 month checkup

Sophia had her 9 month checkup and she is getting so big!
 Her measurements were:

Poor girl had an ear infection. We're going to the ent this month to see about tubes! 

Besides growing in size, she is doing all sorts of fun stuff. She crawls all over, is into EVERYTHING, pulls up on things and can walk along the couch. She even tries to walk from one thing to another as long as she can touch them at the same time. 

Soph is in 12-18 month clothes. The pediatrician said she had a near perfectly shaped head. She has 8 teeth that are as sharp as razors. She still has beautiful blue eyes with the brown freckle in herleft one. She babbles non stop. The usual mama, dada, and baba. Often times, she sounds like a monkey. Especially when she's laughing. We love it! She also sounds like a motor reving up a lot. Crazy kid! She tries waving and does it sometimes at the right time. Haha. She loves books, her binkie, the toilet and toilet paper, unloading things like the toy box and laundry basket, and playing with Analynn. 

She is still a champ at nursing. She finishes in a matter of minutes! She's very efficient. She also drinks prune and apple juice. About 4 oz. a day. She eats everything. And I mean everything. The only things I haven't given her are peanut butter and honey. And the pediatrician said pb is ok! Her favorite foods would have to be bananas, oranges, white cheddar puffs, yogurt bites, quesadillas, pretzels, beans, and ice cream. Of course. She's also a big fan of chocolate cake, but I'm trying to hold off on that til her first birthday. Yes, I know that sounds ridiculous. 

Soph has brought so much joy into our lives! She is quite the drama queen and does plenty of screaming. But she's also the best cuddle bug round. She loves to be down crawling, but will also sit still in your lap for a long time. She has the biggest attitude you've ever seen. She does what she wants and takes what she wants and yells at you if she doesn't get her way. Anyone who knows me would say she gets it from me, but I'm chalking it up to her red hair which she clearly gets from Charlie ;]

She has become the best sleeper! And I am so grateful!! At night, she nurses to sleep and typically sleeps til 3ish, nurses and goes back to sleep. She's currently sleeping in our closet in the pack n play.  Sometimes I just keep her in bed after she gets up at 3 but she definitely prefers her own space. If I keep her in my bed she is usually up by 7:30. If I put her back in the pack n play she sleeps til 9:30. She's definitely my child. At naps I just give her the binkie and put her in the pack n play. She rolls onto her tummy and goes to sleep! She usually naps for 2-4 hours. I also turn on some white noise for her. Don't know if it helps, but I'm not about to turn it off and test it. Haha. 

And I'll finish off with some cute pictures of my chubby lady :]
Here she is at the doctors office, trying to eat her bandaid.

And then we went to the chocolate factory and she enjoyed some sprinkles. Look at that face!!




Just enjoying some doughnut holes. She can fit a whole one in her mouth.








Oh how we love this sweet chubby little lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment