Monday, February 23, 2015

The Nature Center

We started off our morning very slow. Soph slept terribly and I was cranky. Luckily, my kids just ignore my moodiness, and do whatever they want.

Analynn was rubbing juice all over her baby.


Sophia was shining a flashlight in my face. One of my biggest pet peeves.


I had wanted to take Analynn to the nature center ever since Grandma Todd got us the membership, but the toddler activity is the 3rd Tuesday of every month. We have had speech therapy on Tuesdays until a few weeks ago, so we jumped at the opportunity to go and I am SO GLAD we did!!

We started with a story. We're going on a bear hunt. Both of the girls were enthralled. 


Then we broke to do any of the activities they had out. We went to the owl pellets first. Now, this one was hard for me. I'm rather disgusted, yet intrigued, by things like this. Give me a pair of gloves and I'll dig in! Tell me to not worry because they've been sterilized? I don't think so. But, I let Analynn dig in and she was in heaven! She loved having her very own knife(tweezers) to break up the pellet. She found lots of hair and bones in hers! 




Then we went and colored our bear masks.




Next was the fox and bear skins.

Then back to dig in the owl pellet some more.

Soph liked the bear cave.




They had awesome paw prints that the kids loved comparing to their own foot size. Best thing they had was definitely the poop, though. Analynn was THOROUGHLY confused as to why I was touching poop and why I would tell her to touch it. It took a few minutes of explaination to convince her it was ok this one time. Haha!


Next was snack time! The girls liked that best. They had juice boxes and goldfish, every kids favorite. We finished with a group picture! 

We played a bit more before leaving. They have all sorts of fun things in the main lobby that Analynn loved. Soph just ate goldfish while Analynn explored ;]

***********************************************

That night we decided to be lazy and enjoy some nice pizza from Pizza Hut and utilize their play place.







Analynn loved showing her daddy her bear mask and roaring for him!

I am so glad we had such a fun day and we will definitely be going back next month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment