As I've put on here before, Charlie got home on Nov. 5th. That time of the month came on the 9th, and I stopped taking my birth control. One month later, expecting my period on Wednesday, I took a pregnancy test Monday. It was negative. I was bummed, but continued to get ready for the day. I had left the test on my night stand and when I went to grab my phone to leave our room I picked it up again and just stared at it. Charlie came in and sat next to me and I just started crying. All I've ever wanted is to be a mommy and I was really upset that it hadn't happened. I knew it probably wouldn't since I had been on the pill for 5+ years, but I still had high hopes. Anyone who is close to me knows I'm rather pessimistic, but in this case I was being very optimistic thinking it would happen right away. Well, life went on.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday all passed... but with no period... So Saturday morning(December 10th) I decided to take the other one that had come in the box. I sat there and stared at it. One line appeared, then a FAINT second line appeared. I showed Charlie and he said, "It's definitely positive!" I said, "I definitely need another test!" We went to the store and got a digital test so I could have pregnant or not pregnant. Not some stupid lines. So we came home and I did NOT have to go. So I drank as much as I could but after 5 minutes I still didn't have to go. I tried anyway and got as much out as I could :] I couldn't stand to just stare at it so every 5-10 seconds I popped my head into the bathroom. It just kept having the little hour glass thinking so I figured I didn't provide it with enough liquid. Eventually I went in and I saw there were words. It took a second to get close to read it. I picked it up and saw PREGNANT and my heart skipped a beat. I slowly walked out to the living room and looked at Charlie, then back at the test, then back at him and said it's positive. I sat next to him on the couch and it was like the world had stopped. He was speechless, excited in his own way :P
For anyone who has met my mother, you know how excited she is about having grand kids, so naturally I had to be mean and call my dad first. We call him Little Pa(cause he's short), and he's in Kuwait at the time. So I call him up and say, "Hi Little Pa... or should I say Little Grandpa?" He was a total mood breaker. He was excited that I was pregnant, but continued to inform me that we shouldn't tell people since the rate of miscarriage is so high. Thank you dad. (I found out the next week that he had been telling everyone and their freakin dog in Kuwait...yeah) We then called my mom and said that we were gonna leave sooner than planned to go to Texas so we needed to do Christmas presents right away. We went over and she saw the test and we both started crying while Charlie rolled his eyes. (He says not true.) It was so exciting! Tuesday we headed to the doctors to have my blood taken and then headed to Texas and told his parents and Diana. They were just as excited! We got the results back as positive and I couldn't have been happier. My life long dream was coming true. We were in Texas for a few weeks. The day I was six weeks morning sickness hit me like a brick. Except it was all day sickness. I obviously had never felt so icky all day long and didn't know how to handle it. Suzanne was so sweet and gave me a good mom hug when I broke down and sobbed. Charlie of course hugged me too and comforted me as much as he could, but what do boys know about pregnancy sickness? Nothing unfortunately. We managed the drive back home and had a wonderful holiday.
Fast forward a few weeks and up comes January 11th 2012. We head to the OBGYN for more blood work and an ultrasound! They took seven vials of blood and did an examination. We went and got the ultrasound next. It was the weirdest thing ever! Just seeing this little thing inside of me was so amazing. Based on my LMP I am 9 weeks, but the baby is all curled up and only measured in at 8wks 2days. I'll take it. I told Charlie the baby is just trying to be like him because if you ask Charlie he's only 22, when he's really 24. We then heard the most wonderful sound. The heart beat. It was 154, which is typically female heart tones, but we don't care the gender as long as it's healthy and preferably has red hair ;] I can't believe there's a little baby the size of a big red grape growing inside of me. It's the most amazing feeling in the world. I will take all the sickness in the world to get to have a baby in a few months. We already love this baby SOO much.
August 15th is the due date. That is the only thing I'm not exactly fond of... My birthday is the 13th. My birthday will forever be overlooked if this baby comes the week before or after my birthday. Soooo, I'm hoping for a July baby! In reality I'll take this baby when ever it's ready to come and will love it with all of my heart. What am I saying? I already love this baby more than anything. I hope one day when this baby reads this they realize how much they were loved before they even entered the world and that I will always love them. My mom used to love reading a book called As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. I'll always be her baby and I can't wait to have my own baby. So as far as I'm concerned as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be. I can't wait to be a mom. July/August HERE WE COME!!
I can't believe it happened so fast after you being on the pill for 5+ years!! That is awesome! So excited for you.
ReplyDelete