Thursday, September 13, 2012

6 week check-up + shots

Analynn ended up handling her check-up very well! She weighed 8lbs 1.5oz... I think someone's scale is way off though seeing as she weighed 8lbs .5oz on Friday at the breastfeeding clinic and 8lbs 6.2oz today at my doctors office... She is 20 3/4in long now :) and I can tell she's growing daily. The second they put the first shot in she turned purple from working up a scream but by the time she got the scream out, I was picking her up. So she got one good scream out and a few whimpers. She did so well! She got some tylenol after. She nursed for a few mins and we headed home. When we got home she nursed for a few mins and then passed out. She slept til 4, got a diaper change, more medicine, nursed a bit and passed out again. It was kinda nice. I didn't have to hold her, she slept on the couch! Awesome. Lu came over around 8 so I could shower- so nice! She still isn't doing so well with daddy :/ My theory is- boys just aren't as comforting and nurturing as girls. We'll get there.
 
I love the little noises she makes when she's sleeping. They just melt my heart.
 
And I would like to point out that her head is turned to her left- a rarity. She prefers her right. So much so that if I don't start making her stretch to her left she has to go to physical therapy :/ So this is proof that I got her to lay turned to the left for a few hours in hopes she doesn't have to go get tortured by a PT. 
 
The room we were in only had dumb boy stickers :( Yes, I care about that.
 
The belly button picture serves two purposes. To show the outie she has- hoping that changes! And how big newborn diapers are on her. The straps still overlap! My dork of a husband tried to tell me she wears size 1 now that she's 8lbs cause that's what the box says. I think not.
 
Here my precious angel is sleeping. I love her.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment