oh.my.gosh. Dallin H. Oaks is AMAZING!! We were told to not put the fact that he was coming to our Stake conference in writing, but now that he is gone it's alright I suppose... I can't even describe how wonderful it was to get to listen to him last night and this morning. I wish I could think of all the many words to describe him. Funny, smart, witty, kind, light-hearted, and so spiritually strong I will never forget are just a few. The most important being that he truly is a Man of God. Getting to shake his hand (twice :]), look him in the eyes, and talk to him was so odd. <-- for lack of a better word... I can't even describe the feeling that went through me as we talked.
I've never met a General Authority before today and can say that I sure hope I can meet others one day. President Oaks has always been one of my favorites. He is just so cute! I loved his laugh and all the funny stories he had to tell. I envy those related to him. Hopefully one day I can be in the presence of someone so wonderful to feel that kind of spirit once again.

No comments:
Post a Comment