Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The last few days

So last week I took NCLEX on Wednesday, and got my results Friday morning. It's SUCH a relief to finally be completely done with school! Also, having the initials RN behind my name is a pretty big ego booster :] Loving it. So, Charlie wanted to take me out to eat to celebrate. My dork of a husband said he wanted to "celebrate my passing". I, of course, had to make fun of his wording. What? You want to celebrate my death? I don't think so. So, he took me out to eat at Red Lobster. I started having painful contractions so we hurried up and ate and came home so I could lay on the couch even more. Woo hoo. Story of my life.

Saturday my friend called early and told me she was out at garage sales and was looking at the cutest little girl shoes. So we got up and got ready and headed out to look. They were adorable! Good thing we got up. We went to a few other ones and went to a cute little boutique as well. We spent about $60 and got a TON of cute stuff. I'm really weird about used stuff- especially clothes. Luckily babies don't walk, so their shoes are always in good condition. But when it comes to getting clothes, I'm very particular. It was only 80 outside, but I was sweating like crazy- thank you pregnancy hormones. So we couldn't stay out long or look through stuff much. We got cute stuff though, so I'm happy. We spent the rest of the day being extremely bored. Charlie got a taste of my boring life and hated it. He doesn't even know the half of it. We rented Gone and watched it with my mom. It was really good.

Sunday we went to church and the Bishop likes to recognize peoples big accomplishments, so I got called out for passing boards. It was sweet. I still barely make it through the first hour so I leave afterwards and Charlie goes to the last two hours. We stopped to chat with Steve and Shelly first. They are the only couple at church our age, but they have a little girl. So in just a few weeks we'll officially be in the parents club. Their little girl is Brooklyn and she is basically one of the most gorgeous babies in the world. This baby could be a freakin baby model. Shelly teaches the 10 year olds so she had to head to class and Charlie went with Steve to get Brooklyn her bottle and entertain her. Well, I was sitting at home and got a text- "I can't wait to have a little girl". I asked why and he said, "Cause they're cute and fun". ADORABLE. Brooklyn has gotten us even more excited to have a baby girl. She just got her ears pierced and is even cuter. GOSH I can't wait to be a mommy!! When Charlie came home he told me all about how much fun he had playing with her. He played peek-a-boo with her apparently and he thought he was the best baby watcher ever. He's so cute.

Yesterday he got to come home early and we sat on the couch and did nothing. Pretty boring, but at least we were together :] And today I'm bored, yet again. I'm gonna go the the gym tonight- not to work out unfortunately, but to show everyone my big belly. Then I'm gonna go over baby shower stuff with my friend throwing it. I'm super excited for my shower! I just wish the next two days would go by faster. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment