Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Head of Lettuce- 30 weeks

HOLY COW, I can NOT believe that I'm 30 weeks already!! Time has flown by! A mere 10 weeks until the due date. I'm kinda only hoping for about 8 weeks though... I wanna be 21 when I have her and I don't wanna have to share my birthday... Story of my life.


Baby Ana Lynn should be about 15.7 inches long now, and should weigh almost 3 lbs. Well, she passed that marker last week so who knows how big she is this week. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision- which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her little face. So she'll get to see a lot of me while she's eating :]

Babycenter emails me every week and has a section called Belly Laughs. This one basically sums up life for me right now. Love it.
Good thing I know it's worth it all to get to have my little girl here soon.

As for my complaints: Sleeping is basically non-existent. Well, I'll fall asleep for about 4 hours then I wake up to use the restroom, drink water and toss and turn in bed until I find a comfy position. I find a comfy position, almost fall asleep and then am no longer comfy and have to toss and turn some more. I have been crazy thirsty so I go though tons of water during the night, thus meaning a ton more trips to the restroom. Gotta love it. And then there's the mood swings. I've always been a rather emotionally unstable person (if you ask my family), so being pregnant has just intensified this. It was bad in the 1st trimester and has started coming back full force. Tears one second, anger the next, and then happiness. Poor Charlie. He's so wonderful though- he has been much more understanding this time around. I think I've mentioned before that my hands/arms fall asleep when I'm sleeping, but now my fingers swell when I sleep too. So I've had to take my ring off the last few nights. It's really weird. The worst thing has got to be having had a little baby foot stuck in my ribs. The other night I woke up in excruciating pain, unable to deep breathe, and wanting to cry. She had stuck her little foot up in my right rib cage and had no intention of moving it- in fact, she didn't until that afternoon. So all night long, and most of the day I suffered immense pain and felt as though I was going to end up with pneumonia from breathing so shallow all day long. She's lucky I love her so much. 

My joys: As mentioned- Charlie has been wonderful. He's been gone a lot lately, but still manages to make me happy. He calls as often as he can, always makes sure to ask how I am, always asks how Ana Lynn is, always tells me to tell her something (like I love you, I miss you, I can't wait to get home to you) and of course tells me how much he misses and loves us. My belly button is still normal :D I have no stretch marks! I haven't gained any weight this past week. My contractions haven't gotten any worse. My baby shower has been set and I'm super excited! I got my baby monitor the other day and love it- if only I had a baby to monitor. Ana Lynn has been moving all over the place. I still wear all my clothes- my pants just can't be buttoned and my shirts are short in the front, thus the use of a belly band. My breasts are getting ready for her (TMI? eh, it's my blog and that makes me happy). I swear Ana Lynn knows my voice and Charlie's voice. She loves when he reads to her and she knows when he's on the phone. She starts moving and kicking- so cute! I love to talk to her in the morning when we wake up. She'll kick and move around the more I talk. It makes me so happy to know she's acknowledging me.

I had a dream last night that we were at the hospital and I was just a few minutes from delivering. I was all giddy and smiling. Everyone in the room was asking what I was so happy about and how I wasn't in tons of pain. I proceeded to tell them I was in the worst pain of my life, BUT I was gonna be holding my very own baby in just a few minutes. I am so very excited to get to hold this precious little baby of mine in just a few weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment