Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Butternut Squash- 29 weeks

It's funny seeing this shape. It's just not shaped like a baby at all. Too funny.

Ana Lynn is definitely growing rapidly now! She should weigh 2 1/2 lbs and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is getting bigger to accommodate her growing brain- which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in her little skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that her nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester. (With my rapid weight gain, it's no surprise that I want to stop eating all together. It's not THAT rapid, but she is definitely doing what they said. 1/2 a pound a week? I'm seeing it on the scale and not liking it.)

My back has been killing me this last week. Oh my gosh, it hurts. My sciatic nerve has also decided to be pinched the last few days. Ugh. Baby Ana Lynn has been moving a ton lately though, which keeps me smiling- for the most part. She loves to move as soon as I lay down to go to sleep. And lately I've been waking up with her up in my ribs. BUT, she is really cute. She just goes to town when she moves. Not quite sure what she's up to, but it sure is fun to watch my tummy move all over the place! Speaking of movements- my tummy is moving like crazy as I type this! I love this little girl. Charlie's been feeling her a lot more too which makes me really happy. My belly is still itchy, but it's tolerable. My belly button is getting less deep- not close to popping out yet, but it's making me nervous! I'm still having contractions unfortunately. The medicine helps and the bed rest helps. I have another infection though; so, hopefully taking my medicine for that will help with the contractions as well.

We went to the OB today and got to see our precious little angel :] She is still cute, as usual. She was head down, had one foot up near her head and the other straight out. She was moving a ton, of course. She had her hands up near her face like the whole time, but we still got to see her adorable face. She measured in at 28weeks 6days- right on target! And she weighs 3 pounds! She's growing more than I thought! Hopefully she keeps this weight gain in check or I'll be delivering a huge baby.

I didn't feel like scanning the picture in... so from my webcam- here she is!

1 comment: