Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Our little scare

SO, Sunday Charlie came home after having been gone for the weekend and well, we're married. He would DIE if he knew I was putting this on the blog, but whatever. So after that happened my tummy was really tight and hard- normal for after I do any sort of physical activity. The odd thing was- it hurt really bad. So I sat on the couch and drank water and relaxed. The contractions came about every two minutes, and lasted 15-30 seconds. They stopped after about a half hour though. I of course had called my mom who just told me to monitor them and call the OB in the morning. That was kinda already my plan, but I needed another opinion. I was fine while laying down, but every time I got up they started again. So I just chilled on the couch for the rest of the afternoon and we went to bed.

I woke up Monday and felt pretty good. My tummy got a little tight while I was getting ready but didn't hurt. I called the OB anyways. She said to come in and get an ultrasound to check my cervical length to make sure I wasn't dilated, so I did. No dilation, good heartbeat. Still a girl!! Definitely a girl :] The ultrasound tech pointed out her cute nose too. I swear it's gotten even cuter! I saw her little feet too- no, her long feet. This baby is gonna be born with clown feet I swear. (I'll apologize now for when she reads this in the future. Mommy doesn't mean clown feet in a bad way. They're the cutest clown feet I've ever seen). After the ultrasound I went and saw the OB. She did an exam and we chatted. I don't think she believed me that I was contracting, but thankfully she sent me to the hospital to be observed for a few minutes. I got there right as the contractions started coming strong and hard again. They got me on the monitor and sure enough, I was having contractions. I got a big bag of fluids, along with three shots of Terbutaline. That medicine is for stopping contractions. It also makes you very shaky and your heart feels like it's going to beat out of your chest. Worth it to keep Ana Lynn in there. I also got Procardia- usually a medicine for high blood pressure, but treats preterm labor as well. That medicine I got a prescription for and have to take for who knows how long.

I didn't sleep a wink. I've never had an IV that long, and have never stayed the night in the hospital aside from when I was born. I was gonna make Charlie stay, but I knew it would be mean of me. So, he went home at about ten thirty. I think the lack of sleep was partly due to the whole situation(having an IV, having monitors around me, being woken up to get meds every 4 hours), but mostly I just wanted to watch the monitor. I love to just sit on the couch and listen to Ana Lynn move around, so having the monitor letting me hear and see her heartbeat was awesome! I didn't have any contractions after about 5 last night and didn't have any this morning so the OB came and did a cervical exam this morning- still no dilation- so I got to come home at about 8. That is after getting a list of no-no's. Charlie thinks he just might die seeing as how one thing in particular is cut off until I'm 32 weeks. That's seven more weeks. Poor husband of mine. At least we know he will not die. He did leave me for nine months to go to Iraq and made it out alive. It's just hard getting him to believe he'll be ok ;] The second worst thing is that I can't exercise. I am going to die just doing nothing all day everyday. UGH. I'm also terrified of gaining too much weight. I do not want to get fat. Life will go on I suppose... It was so nice getting to come home and take a shower and I'm about to take a nice long nap.

I kept telling this baby girl how much I love her and that I can't wait to meet her. I also told her that I want to wait to get to hold her until it takes my arms to hold her, and not my hands. I love this baby girl so much it's ridiculous. I'm hoping the next time I'm in a hospital bed, she's laying next to me- meaning she was far enough along to be healthy and isn't stuck in the NICU. Hopefully all goes well from now on and I don't have a baby for at least ten more weeks!

1 comment:

  1. so glad everything is okay!!! she'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete