So my aunts and uncles got in Thursday night and we all went out to eat for Lu's graduation dinner at Longhorn Steak House. We had a great time chatting and catching up! We then went over to Babies R Us and my aunts and uncles got us our car seat/stroller :D I'm pretty sure we got the most expensive one they carry... and I LOVE it. It's the Summer Infant Prodigy. Gender neutral, and awesome.
Charlie set it up that night, and we realized there was a gash in the handle so we took it back yesterday to exchange it. When we took it though we actually returned it so we could use a coupon I got. The coupon got us a free little cheap store brand umbrella stroller. How awesome! We won't use it for years, but hey- it was free.
Friday we woke up early and headed to Vicksburg to go to the Military Park. It was really hot and since I can't walk we drove around. It is like ten miles and super hilly so walking wasn't much of an option anyways for my family from WA in 90 degree weather. Charlie is really into history stuff, as is most of my family so they really enjoyed it. Charlie and I went before with his parents so I just hung out in the car when they got out to see memorials and take pictures. I'm not exactly fond of history and whatnot and can't walk much anyways. It was just fun getting to spend time with everyone. We then went to lunch at this really good bar-b-q place. Then we went to look at the Mississippi river. Again, not too interesting for me, but everyone else enjoyed it so that's good :] We then headed home and we took a nap before Lu's graduation. They came and got us and we went to the arena, when I realized I forgot to bring water. Three hours with no water... not gonna happen. So Charlie ran- yes, ran to the gas station. It was only a couple hundred feet down the road, but he was in church clothes. He said it was no big deal- he did it for two years in Germany. I suppose he's right. He's so cute. We then went to Margaritas for a late dinner and had a great time.
Saturday we got to sleep in which was wonderful! My parents and aunts and uncles headed to Memphis so we had Saturday and most of Sunday to ourselves. Saturday Charlie dropped me off at my parents to hang out with the dogs while he went grocery shopping. Then he came back to their house and we took a nap, ordered pizza and watched TV. Then he walked the dogs and Lu came home so we went home. Later as I was getting ready for bed Lu called and said one of the dogs was acting funny so Charlie took Lu and the dog to the emergency vet. He didn't get home til after midnight, but the dog is fine fortunately. So Sunday morning came- I was exhausted and having really bad contractions so I got to stay in bed while Charlie went to church. I eventually got up and got ready for the day and waited for Charlie to come home. My family got home not long after so we headed over to see them. We hung out for a few hours, ate dinner, chatted and said our goodbyes :[ They headed out Monday morning really early. Lu went too- she's gonna take care of our Grandpa for two months. Now I have to rely on Charlie to be my photographer :\
Yesterday we slept in again, and sat on the couch. We're really good at being lazy. After we ate lunch I had to have some Reese's ice cream from Baskin Robbins. So, we went there and they didn't have any. Then Charlie had to take me to the next closest one :] They had it, thank goodness! We got home and watched TV for a hour and then my parents came over. They ordered us a monitor- took me hours to decide on one. We headed out to Babies R Us to do the whole stroller thing and they got us a cute little tub for Ana Lynn. We also got a box of Huggies diapers and wipes and got a free $15 gift card! The tub has a newborn sling and two little toys, cute! She's gonna look so precious in it!
Then we headed to Fannin Lanes. It's a bowling alley. We had ordered a Groupon a few weeks ago. For $18 dollars we got one hour of bowling, four shoe rentals, four drinks and a pizza! It costs almost $30 to rent a lane there for one hour so it was an awesome deal. We had a great double date with them! It's hilarious watching my dad bowl. He has some interesting moves to say the least. My mom won the first game and Charlie won the second. I sucked- really bad. But I had the cutest shoes :] I have my own- pink and black. We stopped at a few more stores before going home. Overall it was a great night and we had loads of fun! The whole four day weekend for us was just amazing! I'm so thankful for my family and all the stuff they've purchased for us. It is such a blessing to have them in our lives! Love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment