I love cauliflower! And the fact that I made it to my 3rd trimester! Some say the 3rd doesn't start til 28 weeks, but I'm going with those that say 27 weeks :]
I seriously can't believe that my baby girl is getting so big. Today at the OB, she said baby girl had grown a ton based on my measurements! I was also told that I failed my stupid glucose test. Yes, it's only stupid because I failed it. Gah. So now I have to do the really stupid 3 hour test on Friday. This stinks. I've also hit the 15 pound weight gain mark. Can't say I like that either. I swear that's related to the fact that I've been on bed rest this past week and can't do anything, but the OB assured me that it's just the baby hitting a growth spurt. Still... I don't like it. She also mentioned that she watched my ultrasound from last week and said I have the cutest in utero baby she's ever seen :D Is it bragging if I didn't actually say it myself? I think not. She is really stinking cute. We get to see her in two weeks! I'm super excited to have another full length ultrasound. I love getting to see this little girl of ours. She is the cutest thing ever with the cutest nose ever. Everyone that sees her profile agrees that her nose is beyond adorable. I guess Charlie and I are just good at making cute noses? We'll find out next time I guess if the next one has as cute of a nose...
Ana Lynn should weigh almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. I'm not so sure about the sleep and wake cycles though- this child is always awake. With more brain tissue developing, her brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. She gets the hiccups all the time- so cute! Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her (so they say). I know I personally hate having the hiccups, so I feel bad enjoying when she has them. They make me miserable so I can't imagine how they don't bother her...
So, my complaints. Pregnancy is getting less fun to be honest. I still love the whole idea and what not, it's just getting hard since I can't do ANYTHING. My tummy itches a lot more, contractions are the worst, I can't stand for a second without having one, I had to get a shower chair since I can't stand for that long, my feet are starting to swell, my leg cramps are coming back, and my back hurts from doing nothing all day and just sitting. That's all I can think of right now, and that's pretty good in my opinion. I'm still as happy as can be that I get to be pregnant and bring Ana Lynn into the world, I just wish my body would cooperate so I could go about life as usual. I suppose I could look at the bright side and be thankful that the pre-term labor didn't start until I was done with school, but that just wouldn't be me ;] I am very grateful for that, I just hate not being able to do things around the house. Poor Charlie has to work all day, and then come home and cater to me. I love being catered to, I just feel like a big piece of worthlessness. Ugh. Good thing he loves me so much and Ana Lynn even more. We can't wait to be parents!
My dad got home from Kuwait the other day and finally came over to see our house. He seemed to like it. I'm not sure if that's cause we've done well for ourselves or I'm not at home anymore... I couldn't get him interested in looking at all of Ana Lynn's outfits though- disappointing. He's never been interested in clothes though. Still, her's are just so cute! I can't wait to dresss her up.
I guess we'll see how my attitude changes after Fridays glucose tolerance test... Hopefully it changes for the better cause I like my sugary drinks when we go out. And I basically refuse to prick my fingers and give myself insulin so changing my diet is the only option. Stupid sugar not processing through my body good enough. Dang it. We'll be seven months next week. Time sure is flying!!

No comments:
Post a Comment