Thursday we had a little bake day at our house. We had 5 moms and their little ones over. I figured Analynn would skip her nap since she had playmates, but she insisted she needed a nap so she missed most of the fun play time. I, on the other hand, had a great time chatting with everyone. It was a pumpkin themed party and everyone brought very yummy things! Next time we decided to do more hearty things, so we aren't all full of sugar. I love that I am blessed to have such a large kitchen fit for hosting things like this! I just wish we had a bonus room we could send all the kids off to ;] Luckily, they were all so good. We didn't have a single fight break out! (Which is a new thing for this group of kids- haha.) They want me to host one of our Sunday dinners at our house. I have been putting it off though, cause I'm worried about having all of those people over. It's hard when you come from a very small family and you rarely had people over growing up. I'm just not used to all the chaos. I think it's about time I overcome my fear, though, and have them all over :]
We are so blessed to have such a great group of young families in our ward! I couldn't imagine not having the church and all the wonderful people around us that have the same standards and way of living. It is truly so wonderful and I am so thankful.
I wouldn't call it a small family, when you and Lu were really young, there were family events all the time. It got sucky for us all as your dad's career advanced and you guys moved all over. Not that him advancing sucked, just that as a family we got to see less and less of you guys.
ReplyDelete