Sunday, February 9, 2014

Some stories

So, this one just about broke my heart:

I had put Analynn to bed and was getting in bed myself. She all of a sudden yelled, "no!" And started crying. It only lasted a few seconds, but I was so tempted to go get her anyways! My poor baby had a bad dream :[

These ones are just funny :]

One morning Analynn woke up at 6:45, cried for a minute and went back to bed. Or so I thought.... Since I thought she was asleep, I thought it was safe to blow my nose. Few people have heard me blow my nose. It sounds like an elephant. Thank you dad for teaching me that. Gosh. So, I blow my nose (quietly, for me) and then I hear, "mama?" It was really hard to not laugh. She knows my nose blowing! Trust me- this story is much funnier if you know the history behind my nose blowing and the torment it has caused me throughout my life. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Analynn likes to try and distract us now. Like, one day she had my phone and when I asked for it she proceeded to point in one direction and throw my phone the other way. She also uses this tactic when she's trying to poop and wants you to look away. (That's if she doesn't run and hide to poop.) A girl needs her privacy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One night it was bath time, but Analynn wanted to keep playing. And by playing, I mean- dump her bag of toys on mom, let mom pick them up, and then dump them on her again before she can get up. I finally got the bag picked up and still had it when she tried to play tug-o-war with me. She got this crazy look in her eyes- the same one Charlie gets when he's doing something I'm telling him not to (tickle me, etc.) I couldn't help but laugh! I told him she has his crazy eyes and he tried denying having such thing. Typical. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grandma Todd called the other day to tell me they are getting a three bedroom place in Fredericksburg and want us to join them and the Naegle bunch. The date? March 12th, I believe. I told her I would love to, but my OB probably won't let me seeing as that's only ten days before I'm due. Assuming I'm still pregnant then. (I REALLY do wish we could go!!!) It was hilarious! She didn't realize how close this baby was to entering the world. The best part? Diana thought it was a great idea, too! Like mother, like daughter. So forgetful ;] Love it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I mentioned that we had to go to the hospital the other day. (The possible water breaking, not the being sick visit.) Well, on my way there I had something weighing heavily on my mind... The possibly early birth of my baby? No. The fact that I had really wanted to get a pedicure before she got here! I'm a terrible mother, I know. But, to be fair, my toes look terrible! And while they would have tried to keep her in a few more weeks I would have been stuck at the hospital. Just another positive to her still being safe and sound in my tummy ;]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other night I had a dream that I went to my 6 week check-up after having Sophia. Charlie and I were sitting there and my OB walked in and said, "So, I bet I know something you don't.... You're pregnant." I looked at Charlie and back at her and said, "You're joking?!" Sure enough, she wasn't. A million thoughts went through my head- oh crap, this baby is watching from heaven so smile, what are we gonna do?!? So fast forward, and we are skyping with my parents. I ask if they wanna hear a joke. My joke- what do you get when you mix a sleep deprived mom and a "deprived" dad? Another baby way sooner than planned. They just stared at the positive test I was showing them and then my dad asked, "What were you thinking?!" OBVIOUSLY, that we wouldn't get pregnant. Duh. We did nothing to prevent pregnancies while I was nursing Analynn so we figured it would work again. We were wrong. So, if Charlie by some magical way gets lucky before my 6 week check-up (so doubtful!) we will definitely be using protection!

No comments:

Post a Comment