Who doesn't hate the dreaded stomach bug?! We sure do over here!!
Last Tuesday I woke up and knew it was going to be a BAD day. I immediately had to go to the restroom. I then had to get ready because Analynn had her 18 month check up. I brought a bowl along for the ride- thankfully- because I threw up the whole way there. Analynn had to get two shots, poor girl. Her crying made my head throb. Luckily, she was a big brave girl and only cried for a minute! I then threw up the whole drive home. But, did I get to go straight home? Nope. My no good husband left me a car with NO gas. AND I had to go get a prescription for Analynn because she had thrush. So, I get gas, and go to Walmart. They don't have the medicine in stock. Really?! Ugh. So I drive to Kroger, PRAYING they accept Tricare. They do!! While waiting, I once again had to visit the restroom. After Kroger I was feeling a bit better, so I went to let Lu's dog Franklin out for her. I was very wrong about feeling better. I used the restroom multiple times at her house so I called the OB thinking I was dying. They said it was probably just a bad reaction to the antibiotic they gave me the day before. Seeing as this whole ordeal had been going on for almost 5 hours, I didn't believe that for a second. I finally get home, and continue throwing up and having to go to the restroom like every five minutes. So, I call up a friend and ask if she can take Analynn for a few hours. (So thankful for good friends!) That night Alexis came over to help me take care of Analynn. By seven my contractions were so bad from being so dehydrated, I had to call the hospital and go in. They filled me up with fluids and all sorts of medicines. I spent the night, felt much better in the morning and was sent home. (My OB still thinking it's just an allergic reaction...)
The rest of Wednesday went fine, Thursday too. Alexis came and helped me every afternoon. Friday morning- not so much. I threw up yet again. Analynn and I took a nice long nap, and I woke up with super painful contractions. Minutes later, Analynn wakes up.... throwing up everywhere! Thank heavens it was in bed and not on the carpet!! (See, mom and dad, I can be positive sometimes :P ) So, we both strip down, and she gets in the tub. I gave her some Zofran and she has been just fine since. My contractions subsided as well. I was lucky enough to get to eat my favorite ice cream and take a nice hot bath that night which really helped.
Saturday was a wonderful day! We finally got Charlie home and we went out and enjoyed a great breakfast at IHOP. We then went shopping at the new outlet malls, came home and took a family nap, and went to Kroger that night. FINALLY- the bug is gone!
NOPE!!
Sunday morning at about five, Charlie ran into the bathroom and puked up his guts. I prayed it was a one time thing. But, it wasn't. So, my poor recovering self now has to take care of a sick husband. Thankfully, Auntie Lulu came to the rescue again this morning, and took goobs to church so Charlie and I could rest. Well, I actually took this time to blog, bake, clean and can some meat.
I am so very thankful to be finally feeling better, for having a sister who is so able and willing to help, for friends who helped and brought us wonderful dinners, and for a Heavenly Father who yes, puts us through trials, but always sees a way through them. I am most of all thankful that Analynn didn't get the bug. She has a hard enough time gaining weight, the last thing I need is for her to loose any!
It's time like these you really have to count your blessings. My contractions were getting very intense and painful. I could have easily had Sophia if there wasn't modern medicine to stop labor. I am so thankful for everything we are blessed with- especially my two happy, healthy girls!!
No comments:
Post a Comment