Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mango- 23 weeks

Can't believe my little girl is already the size of a large mango. I'm sure her kisses will be just as sweet as this delicious fruit!

Babycenter says I need to turn on the radio and sway to the music. With Ana Lynn's sense of movement well developed by now, she can feel me dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, I see her squirm underneath my clothes all the time. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that her increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world! Loud noises becoming familiar to her now — such as my voice, Charlie's voice, and the washing machine — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside my womb. I can't wait to get to talk to her in person!!         

Now some things about me...

1. The belly.
I love it. I get pretty itchy as of lately. I basically stand around itching my stomach-- awkward. Luckily I don't have any stretch marks! (keeping my fingers crossed) My mom is COVERED in them, so I'm basically doomed to end up covered as well. I put lotion on every night before bed in hopes of at least delaying them. I plan to get some Palmer's stretch mark cream soon in hopes of really keeping them in check. I'm just trying to think that I'll end up being immune :]

Today for class I wore a tight shirt and people definitely saw that I really am pregnant. Loved it. Oh, and I have officially started gain weight. The scale had been saying 1-2 lbs more, but then all of a sudden started going up to 5 lbs. It's been at 5-7 lbs for a few days now. I can't say I'm happy to be gaining weight... It kinda terrifies me. I want the belly, yes! Just not the weight. The past I don't know how many years I've always tried to loose weight. At the gym everyone notices me working out nice and hard and tells me to slow down. I know when I'm working too hard, and I do slow down, but like I said this whole gaining weight thing is kinda terrifying. I'm working on coping with it all.

2. The back/legs/feet.
My back is getting more uncomfortable when I stand or sit for a while. I don't know how sitting on my tail bone is comfortable, but Anastasia sure seems to think it is. My calves KILL. They hurt like all the time. No amount of stretching, or magnesium can make them stop hurting. Four more months to go- I can do this... right? ugh. And then there's my feet. They hurt all the time now too. Charlie's thumbs have been getting a lot of workouts lately :] He's a pretty good foot massager. And I really love him for being willing to rub my feet so much. I'm pretty needy now a days.

3. The anxiety.
I am ready for Ana Lynn to get here!! Except I feel like we still have sooooooo much to buy. We have no diaper stash, no car seat/stroller, no co-sleeper to put next to our bed, and she doesn't have near enough clothes! She has lots... just not enough for my standards... You'd understand if you saw my closet, and Charlie's closet, and bins in the attic :] I love clothes to say the least, and I can't wait to dress this little girl of mine up! I can't believe we only have four months and a week (or so) to go!!

4. The movement.
Like I said I can see her moving around all the time. I see it more than I feel it. I do feel is lots too. Her favorite time to move is when I'm trying to relax or sleep. Go figure. Her favorite thing to do is sit on one side and kick the other. It's tons of fun just sitting and staring at my tummy watching it move all around. Weird, but awesome. Charlie isn't around much so he has only felt her a few times, but that's ok. He'll feel her more soon enough.

5. The connection.
Oh my goodness. I love this little baby girl so very much. I've been having more and more dreams about life with Ana Lynn. Holding her, cuddling with her, kissing her, nursing her, and loving her like I've never loved before. It's hard to describe the feelings I have for this baby. It's actually impossible to describe them. I've never had feelings like this, and she isn't even here! I can only imagine how I'm gonna feel once I'm actually holding her. I can't wait to experience all the magical moments destined to happen- in only 17 more weeks to go! Hopefully less.


The past two days I've felt kinda crummy though. It started Monday night with a cough. Then Tuesday my voice started going in and out and the cough got worse. Then I started sneezing, bringing nasal drainage- worsening the cough- and a sinus headache. The OB told me a few meds to take, but if I'm not better in a day or two I'm gonna have to take antibiotics. I'm really hoping I get better and don't end up having some virus or infection. I only have two weeks left in school and the LAST thing I need is to get sick.

Good news is I'm having a baby shower in Texas on May 12th. Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment