Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spaghetti Squash- 22 weeks

Is it just me, or does this look pretty darn big?? She's growing!!
Q: How are the pregnancy emotions?
A: On high alert these days! I've been super sensitive lately. My emotions are all over the place. My attitude changes minute by minute. Like last night Charlie called on his way home and I was fine, but by the time he got home my attitude had changed drastically. I went from being happy to mad/sad in a matter of minutes. Then I was fine just a few minutes later. It's really odd not being able to control my emotions. Sometimes I feel bad for Charlie- having to put up with my mood swings. Usually at first he'll get offensive, or take it to heart, but he's learning that it will pass momentarily. So he just tries to avoid confrontation, and then apologizes. He's getting pretty good at this :]

Q: Are you experiencing any cravings yet?
A: OH yes. Not one thing over and over again though. Lately I've been eating a TON of cereal. Like three times a day. I get sudden urges to eat things and have to have them now. If I hold off long enough, the desire passes and I get a new one. Today in class we were doing sample questions for our test tomorrow, and the last question was about a low sodium diet and one of the options was a ham and cheese sandwich. Right then- I HAD to have a hot ham and cheese sandwich. Soooo, I went to Subway and got a hot turkey and cheese sandwich. What can I say? Ana Lynn wanted it really bad ;]

You know how you're never supposed to go to the grocery store when you're hungry? You should also never go when you're pregnant. I physically can not go to the store and only get what we need. I always end up with loads of other things. Whoops. I can't help it that everything looks good and catches my eye.

Q: Are you having any aches and pains?
A: The back/booty are really getting annoying- stupid sciatic nerve. Standing for long periods of time- ouch. Walking too much, or for too long- ouch. If I just lay down for a bit and do some stretches I feel better. My feet are another story though. They just hurt constantly. Especially after a 12 hour clincal. I can't wait to be done with school! Sitting/laying down has never felt better than it does these days. There's also my calves. Leg cramps are the worst!! My calves just feel like someone is squeezing and twisting my muscles. I love sleeping- that's the only time I don't feel like giving myself a below the knee amputation on both legs. Only a few more months to go!

Q: And the movement?
A: Wonderful. I'm getting beat up from the inside. And I love it!  She's an active little girl! I can also now sometimes tell where she's laying. When I feel my tummy, I can feel a certain hardness, and I know that baby is right there under the surface. Then she'll move, and things will feel a little softer. It's weird, but really cool. She just loves to dance and swim around in there.

Q: What's happening with the peanut this week?
A: She's almost one pound, and she's definitely looking like an actual miniature baby! Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath her gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If I could see inside my womb, I'd be able to see the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside her belly, her pancreas -essential for the production of important hormones- is developing steadily.                 

We went to the OB today and her heartbeat was 140. She did not appreciate the OB pushing on her though. She started moving all around and even kicked the doppler. Haha!! She's definitely got some spunk!! Next month is the glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes, then my appointments will be every 2 weeks instead of every month. Things are moving verrrrrryy quickly :]


I got this shirt this past weekend. She is definitely already on her way to be a little princess. I just love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment