Thursday, July 12, 2012

Honeydew- 35 weeks

Apparently, just so that you all know, the honeydew is slightly larger than the cantaloupe. Who knew? They look to be the same size in my opinion... hmmm. Still, I like my fruit analogies.
It gets more real everyday- knowing she'll be here soon. It's weird. I officially packed my hospital bag- at least everything I can pack that I don't use on a daily basis. I've got all the stuff I should need and what baby Ana Lynn should need :]

While getting our new phones, some ladies in the store said I looked like I was due any day. FINALLY! I got to say I'm not due til next month, but am expecting her sooner. I have been waiting for someone to say that to me! I love looking pregnant. It could be due to the fact that I'm very happy with my body this way. Not so much the functioning ability, just the look. Well, besides the swollen feet look. Swollen feet are not only ugly, they're very uncomfortable! No one told me it would hurt. I hate not being able to wiggle my toes freely when they swell. At least they aren't swollen 24/7. I am so ready to get back to my regular functioning self and to meet this precious baby girl of ours!

We're house/dog sitting for my parents while they vacation in Vegas. We're the old married couple who goes to bed at 10 while they're out partying it up in Vegas. Gah. We're so old. They're house is also up for sale. They had a showing the other night, and since they're gone I had to stage it. Well, they got an offer! Apparently I'm pretty good at this job. We miss our home, but at least Charlie is getting good daddy practice in while we're here ;]



Now on to Ana Lynn's growth and development. She doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's so big, but she likes to still think she does. She should be over 18inches long now. Her kidneys are fully developed now and her liver can process some waste products. She is the biggest little mover! She loves to kick, poke and prod. I've got a little gymnast in there.

I had a OB appt yesterday. Charlie got stuck out of town for work so he couldn't make it, but luckily our ultrasounds get recorded so he can watch it tonight! Ana Lynn slept through it, but she was SOOO stinking cute! She had her arms up under her head as a pillow. Love that baby girl of mine! She is head down and sunny side up- meaning she's looking up at my pubic bone. Bad position. Now I know why my back's been hurting. If she doesn't turn to face my booty, I'm gonna have some really bad back labor. Boy do I hope she turns! She's definitely a big girl, too. She measured big on every measurement- the biggest being 36weeks 2days. Yeah, I'm only 35 weeks... And she came in at 6lbs 1oz! She's huge! She's supposed to be 5 1/4lbs. What kind of mom am I? She isn't even here yet and I'm telling her she's too fat. Ugh. It's kinda true though... just look at those cheeks!
^That's her little nostrils and big pouty lips. She definitely has her daddies lips seeing as how mine are thin and small.

^Again with the big pouty lips and the adorable nose I LOVE :]

And she definitely has my feet. Big and wide. I couldn't wear baby shoes my feet were so fat and I'm thinking she's gonna have the same issue... But I sure can't wait to kiss those adorable little baby toes!!


After the appt I went shopping! I got the rest of the things we need before she gets here. Things like a Moby wrap, diaper genie refills, wraps, toys, sheets and what not. I don't know how much more prepared I can possibly get. The only thing unprepared in my opinion is my mind. I'm really nervous about actually pushing a baby out- but who isn't?! I'm even more excited so I know I'll be ok. Heck, even my body is ready. I lost my mucus plug and am about 1cm dilated! I'm so happy my body is doing what it's supposed to. I'm gonna stay on my meds for one more week just to be sure I make it to at least 36weeks. And as far as bed rest goes- I have to keep taking it easy for another week, but after that I'm free to do whatever. Too bad Charlie will be gone so I have to keep her in there til August 1st. I just wanna see her so bad! Who knows if I'll make it that long though, so I took a picture of myself at 35 weeks:


 I like doing shots from both sides for some reason....

We also did our maternity photo shoot :D We did most on Sunday, and I did more yesterday. We wanted to do some outside, but it's rained all week and is going to continue for a few more days. Charlie leaves Saturday as well, so if she's still in there when he gets back we'll do outside ones. Our photographer is a friend from church- Linda Iverson. She's so talented and LOVES what she does! It is so much fun working with her. She sent me some pictures that she's edited, but since we did so many it's gonna take her a few days to do them all.









This one has got to be my favorite. It's going to go on the wall for sure!

 

This last one I'm wearing panties and lingerie... we did more where you see me in that outfit, but I figured we will keep those for our personal records :] There's so many more to come and I can't wait to see all the pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment