Thursday night was my baby shower. It was tons of fun! We had a great time chatting and eating :] I got tons of cute clothes to dress our baby girl up in! I can't wait to have my own real life baby doll. I sure hope she likes being changed lots... She has lots of clothes to wear and only so many days before she growns out of them. I can't wait to meet this little girl of mine. I just love her so much already.
So Friday we went to the OB. Ana Lynn had a good heartbeat, and my tummy measured in at 32 weeks. We have our next appointment on July 11th. I'll get off bed rest, stop taking my medicine, and we'll get to see our precious baby girl! That will be a happy day. And who knows- we may see her in person just days after that. I'm getting very excited!!
Cristina and Jason came through town Friday afternoon on their way to Texas to pick up their boys so we hung out with them. We chatted for a bit and then headed out to eat. We came back to our house after and played What's Yours Like? It's this game my mom got us last Christmas and we had never opened it. It was so much fun! I encourage anyone and everyone to get that game. We were cracking up for a good while. It was wonderful getting to catch up with them!
Saturday we did basically nothing. Then we went to dinner with my parents. We then went to the movies and saw the new Madea movie. Normally I have no interest in those movies- too much crude humor, but the commercials looked really funny so we went. It was a bit crude, but totally worth it!
Sunday I missed church cause of contractions, so I sat home while Charlie went. I made banana bread with chocolate chips for my dad- he won't eat it unless I use chocolate chips. When Charlie got home we got dinner ready. When we were in Texas last we had it but Suzanne couldn't remember the recipe so I did what I do best and I improvised :] It's a poblano pepper, sliced in half with the seeds taken out, filled with cream cheese, topped with a chicken tender, wrapped in bacon, topped with bar-b-q sauce. Delicious! Of course we used lite cream cheese and turkey bacon to make it healthier. We took it over to my parents and cooked it there while my mom did our first birthing class for us. We ate and then played What's Yours Like? with them. They loved it too. Then we ate dessert, chatted some, and headed home. We had a great evening hanging out with them!
Now it's Monday and my parents anniversary- can't believe one day Charlie and I will have been married over twenty years. We're coming up on two and it seems crazy. We are gonna do another birthing class today and for the next few days. We're getting all ready for Ana Lynn's arrival!
So Friday we went to the OB. Ana Lynn had a good heartbeat, and my tummy measured in at 32 weeks. We have our next appointment on July 11th. I'll get off bed rest, stop taking my medicine, and we'll get to see our precious baby girl! That will be a happy day. And who knows- we may see her in person just days after that. I'm getting very excited!!
Cristina and Jason came through town Friday afternoon on their way to Texas to pick up their boys so we hung out with them. We chatted for a bit and then headed out to eat. We came back to our house after and played What's Yours Like? It's this game my mom got us last Christmas and we had never opened it. It was so much fun! I encourage anyone and everyone to get that game. We were cracking up for a good while. It was wonderful getting to catch up with them!
Saturday we did basically nothing. Then we went to dinner with my parents. We then went to the movies and saw the new Madea movie. Normally I have no interest in those movies- too much crude humor, but the commercials looked really funny so we went. It was a bit crude, but totally worth it!
Sunday I missed church cause of contractions, so I sat home while Charlie went. I made banana bread with chocolate chips for my dad- he won't eat it unless I use chocolate chips. When Charlie got home we got dinner ready. When we were in Texas last we had it but Suzanne couldn't remember the recipe so I did what I do best and I improvised :] It's a poblano pepper, sliced in half with the seeds taken out, filled with cream cheese, topped with a chicken tender, wrapped in bacon, topped with bar-b-q sauce. Delicious! Of course we used lite cream cheese and turkey bacon to make it healthier. We took it over to my parents and cooked it there while my mom did our first birthing class for us. We ate and then played What's Yours Like? with them. They loved it too. Then we ate dessert, chatted some, and headed home. We had a great evening hanging out with them!
Now it's Monday and my parents anniversary- can't believe one day Charlie and I will have been married over twenty years. We're coming up on two and it seems crazy. We are gonna do another birthing class today and for the next few days. We're getting all ready for Ana Lynn's arrival!
No comments:
Post a Comment